Sunday, April 09, 2006

install: day five





The show opened yesterday. These are the things that I like:
firstly, the feeling of stillness that I had when the work was installed in the gallery. This accompanies doing what you set out to do.

secondly; the fact that all the work is documentation of some kind ... the government drawings are documents of a conversation or a process, the photographs are documentation of the conversation or the process in action; the wall drawings are installed elsewhere and represented by preparatory studies and photographs. So I guess you could call the show a kind of index.

third; the people who I like the most in the Netherlands were at the opening.

forth; we ate good chinese food after the opening.

I think what I miss most in Melbourne are Quan 88 - a Vietnamese resturant on Victoria Street; David and Camy's dumpling house in China Town; sitting outside the Builders Arms in in the early evening during summer and drinking beer (the Builder's Arms is now a completely different pub, since gentrification, however). It is difficult to disassociate the people who I do these things with from the quality of the food and the atmosphere that is particular to each place. How I miss them!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?