Friday, April 21, 2006

London, England




Toast. Wonderful toast. Some people miss television, I missed having a toaster, or a grill, anything to stick a slice of bread under or in and make it all golden and brown. I love my toast with jam, with peanut butter, with avocado. I love making tea in a pot and eating toast. I love drinking too much and coming home to toast. The presence of toast makes England a wonderful place. My visit to London this time differs from previous experiences - I spent my few days there before leaving for Ireland strolling in parks. It's spring, really Spring now and Brockley Park, Regents Park, and Greenwich park are glorious places. Very different to London during a heat wave (2003) or my quixotic search for a winter coat along Oxford Street during January this year. The parks are a different view on London. It's gorgeous, it has open space, there are happy people there. I'm looking forward to going back.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?