Tuesday, April 18, 2006

no title




My last view of Het Wilde Weten.

I left the Netherlands today, discovering, to my great surprise, that I was almost ten kilos in excess of the baggage limit. I continue to be mystified by this as most things that I have bought (some novels, a very beautiful yellow 30cm ruler, and two small exhibition catalogues) have been posted back to Australia seperately. I did purchase some sensible underwear from HEMA, but when I weighed this at my friend's house in London later in the afternoon, it turned out to weigh as little as you would expect.

L.P., one of my English friends, puts it down to careless packing. I simply wonder if that 'baggage' is stuff that I took with me from Australia and haven't managed to 'work through' in my time away, or whether it is new 'baggage' that I'm taking away from the Netherlands. It is, always, a place that gives me allot to think about.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?